Members, Board and Committee
|Sambhali Trust was founded on the 16th January 2007 by Govind Singh Rathore, Virendra Singh Chouhan, Mukta Kanwar, Badan Kanwar and Rashmi Rathore, who became the 5 trustees of the Sambhali Trust “Non Profit”, Charitable Organisation. It has taken the whole team a lot of effort, dedication and enthusiasm to develop Sambhali Trust, and build the trust and faith of our partners and supporters. We are very proud of the relationship we have maintained with the local community as well as our international sponsors.|
Trustees of Sambhali
Govind Singh Rathore
Born and raised in Jodhpur, Govind vowed from an early age to dedicate his life to helping protect the most vulnerable women and children in Indian society, after witnessing extreme violence and discrimination towards the women in his own family. Sambhali Trust is his passion.
Rashmi is Director of the Nutrition Program, Senior Public Health Nutritionist at Jodhpur School of Public Health and Nutritionist at Vasundhara Hospital & Fertility Research Centre, Jodhpur.
|Badan Kanwar, Govind’s Mother was the inspiration for setting up the Trust and is the house mother of the project.|
Originally from Neemuch in Madhya Pradesh, Mukta completed her education before getting married to Govind and moving to Jodhpur in 2003. She is now in charge of managing the accommodation arrangements of Sambhali Trusts volunteers and is the managing director of the family-owned guest house, 'Durag Niwas Guest House'.
Virendra Singh Chouhan
Virendra is director of 'RAJPUT Cultural adventures in Rajasthan.' He has a diploma in tourism from the Hotel Management Institute, Jodhpur.
Dr. Reena Bhansali
Counseling Psychologist Ph. D by Degree and Counseling Psychologist by Profession Dr. Reena Bhansali has been working in this field since 2003 and is attached with SMC 32 Wing, India Airforce Jodhpur (since 2008), various schools, colleges, Vasundhara Hospital Jodhpur and runs her own private clinic ‘Smile Junction’.
Master in Law and Practising Advocate at Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur since 2002. Apart from his law degree he also holds Diploma in Tax practice after completion of Economics Honours degree in Bachelors. He has been deeply involved in community services and has provided 200 free legal aid to victims and parties.
National Advisory Board:
- Advt. Vandana Bhansali - Mrs. Bhansali has a Master’s degree in Law and is an advocate at the Rajasthan High Court in Jodhpur, where she has been practising since 2006. She is a member of the Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Jodhpur, “Women Redressal Committee” and has worked on women’s issues specialising in declining sex ratio and domestic violence, a project undertaken by UNFPA and CHEARS.
- Ramona Saboo -Mrs. Saboo is Founder/Director of Forty Red Bangles, which she founded in 2010; a socially conscious and ecologically responsible company based in Mumbai, which supports many NGOs and cooperatives throughout India by sourcing items from them for her store. Mrs Saboo has long been a supporter of Sambhali Trust, in particular its sewing centres.
- Dr. Shakti Singh Khakhadki - Dr. Khakhadki has a Doctorate in Rajasthani literature and is formerly assistant to the Rajmata Saheb of Jodhpur. He is a passionate tourist guide, social activist and writer and also runs a business for hand-made fashion wedding accessories.
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Tanwar - Writer & Asst. Manager Maharaja Maan Singh Pustak Prakash, Research center, Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur, India
- Dr. (Mrs) Kunjan Trivedi - Dr Trivedi has been the Professor of the Dept of Human Sciences in Jodhpur from 2001-13. She obtained a PhD in Human Development and more recently a Master’s Diploma in Gender Studies. Amongst her many achievements in her illustrious career she has written several publications, papers, articles and books on social issues surrounding women in Rajasthan as well as helping to establish the syllabi for several degree courses in universities in Jodhpur.
International Advisory Board:
- Dr. Sadhvi Shanti Puri - Sambhali Austria, Hilfe für Frauen und Kinder in Indien, Vienna, Austria
- Ms. Renate Massmann-Krei - Freunde für Sambhali (Indien) e. V., Allensbach, Germany
- Mrs. Sarah Harrington - Sambhali UK, United Kingdom
- Mrs. Jacqueline de Chollet - Founder/Director of Global Foundation for Humanity, UK/USA